Also known as hair restoration and hair replacement surgery. Hair loss, or alopecia, is a common problem that affects both men and women and can be caused by stress, diseases, some medical treatments and genes. While some of these factors are temporary or can be reversed, many suffer permanent hair loss that can lead to self-confidence issues. Hair transplantation surgery can help men and women suffering from baldness or thinning hair.
When to Consider Hair Transplantation?
• If you have thinning hair
• If you have bald spots
• If you have a receding hairline
Am I a good candidate for hair transplantation?
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider hair transplantation:
• You suffer from male or female pattern baldness and have thinning hair
• Your hair loss is not a result of medication, stress or medical treatment
• Your hair loss is permanent and cannot be treated nonsurgically
• You have adequate hair growth or follicles than can be used for transplantation
• You understand that treatment may take several months to several years
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
• Gives you a more youthful look
• Reduces or eliminates the need for a hairpiece or wig
• Provides a permanent solution to hair loss
• It might take months for hair to grow into the area
• Multiple sessions spanning over one to two years might be required
• No guarantee that hair will be consistent with previous hair growth