DENTAL CROWNS AND BRIDGES
Crowns and bridges are the most common dental restoration work in dentistry. Crowns are an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or which have been weakened by decay or a very large filling.The crown fits over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and the contour of a natural tooth.Most crowns are made from porcelain, metal, gold or porcelain fused to metal.
Why have Dental Crowns?
When a tooth is cracked, decayed or damaged, a crown may be fitted onto the tooth. Crowns can help whiten, reshape, and realign existing teeth.
• You may have discoloured fillings and would like to improve the appearance of the tooth.
• You may have had a root filling which will need a crown to protect it.
• It may be needed to help hold a bridge or denture firmly in place.
Dental Crown Procedure
Dental Crown treatment is arranged in the following steps
• Preparation of the teeth
• Taking the impression
• Insertion of the Temporary Crown
• Construction of the Crown
• Insertion of the final Crown