BOTOX AND FILLERS
When to consider Botulinum Toxin?
• Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
• Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead.
• An asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle.
• If you suffer from migraine headaches, botulinum toxin may provide relief from this condition.
• Botox can also be used to correct gummy smile and also to relax masticatory muscles in bruxism cases.
Am I a good candidate for botulinum toxin injections?
You may consider botulinum toxin injections for cosmetic reasons if you are developing lines and wrinkles on your face due to common facial movements. Depending on genetics, lines can appear on the face as early as your late twenties to as late as your early forties. If you are prone to developing lines and to making facial expressions that lead to wrinkles, your doctor may recommend using botulinum toxin as a preventive measure.
Certain wrinkles or creases in the face caused by the weakening or sinking of the soft tissue, such as the nasolabial folds, which extend from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth, are generally best treated with fillers, fat grafts or surgery (although occasionally Botox is used to soften or partially improve them).
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
• Injections are relatively painless and carry a low risk, with little-to-no downtime.
• Can help you appear less angry and more approachable
• Make subtle changes that give you a refreshed or well-rested look
• Effects of injections will only last four to six months
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more apparent.The facial skin also stretches a bit, adding to this loss of facial volume. Other factors that affect the facial skin include sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
• Plump thin lips
• Enhance shallow contours
• Soften facial creases and wrinkles
• Improve the appearance of recessed scars
Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.